Medicaid Waiver Programs
Waiver programs help people who are elderly or have disabilities and need help to live in their home or community instead of an institution such as a nursing home or ICF-MR. Each program offers several "core" services:
- service coordination (help with managing care needs and services)
- personal support (assistance with daily living activities, i.e. bathing, dressing, meals and housekeeping)
- home health services (nursing, home health aide, and occupational, physical and speech therapy)
- emergency response systems
- respite care (caregiver relief)
Additional services are available under each program. The following is a list of waiver programs in Georgia.